Road full of holes needs urgent work

Road full of holes needs urgent work

Road full of holes needs urgent work

First published in Echo News

URGENT calls are being made to fix a “dangerous” road blighted by potholes.

Complaints have been made about the shoddy state of Poors Lane North and Bramble Road in Daws Heath which have been riddled with deep potholes and cracks for months.

Residents claim lorries are tearing up the road surface, causing extensive damage and making it hazardous for people to drive there.

Thomas Harris, 30, of Bramble Hall Lane, said: “In the past few years the amount of heavy industrial traffic down here has increased a lot and we’re seeing more and more potholes.

“It’s getting so bad here, that every time you’re driving you’re worried about what condition your car will be left in.

“My sister came here recently and was left with £400 damage to her tyres.

“I complained to the council and I have a letter from it basically saying it doesn’t require any immediate intervention.

“It’s ridiculous, some of them are about a foot deep.

“Whenever it does fill them in, they just are torn back open by the lorries. The whole road just needs to be relaid.”

A spokeswoman for Essex County Council said the authority hoped to carry out the repairs as soon as possible.

An Essex Highways spokeswoman said: “Essex Highways is aware of these defects and repairs are currently being scheduled to be undertaken at the earliest possible opportunity in line with the Essex Highways’ Maintenance Policy.”

Comments (11)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:37pm Thu 9 Jan 14

Kim Gandy says...

Potholes...a shoddy, unrepaired road here in Essex? You don't say..
Potholes...a shoddy, unrepaired road here in Essex? You don't say.. Kim Gandy
  • Score: 1

9:29pm Thu 9 Jan 14

denfish says...

ecc s got a maintainence policy ?
ecc s got a maintainence policy ? denfish
  • Score: 1

10:39pm Thu 9 Jan 14

Mikkel1 says...

They pay the Managers too much by the looks of it?
They pay the Managers too much by the looks of it? Mikkel1
  • Score: 2

7:58am Fri 10 Jan 14

Nowthatsworthknowing says...

Why not make it a proper road, instead of keeping like a Hillbilly track, the cost can be shared between all the property owners, along the track, allowing folk to be content, that "They did their bit"
Why not make it a proper road, instead of keeping like a Hillbilly track, the cost can be shared between all the property owners, along the track, allowing folk to be content, that "They did their bit" Nowthatsworthknowing
  • Score: 1

10:50am Fri 10 Jan 14

LastLaugh2 says...

We had better at Dale, and the joke is those from Bramble payed.
We had better at Dale, and the joke is those from Bramble payed. LastLaugh2
  • Score: 0

10:51am Fri 10 Jan 14

Nebs says...

If the road is as dangerous as described then it should be closed to traffic until it is repaired.
If the road is as dangerous as described then it should be closed to traffic until it is repaired. Nebs
  • Score: 0

12:33pm Fri 10 Jan 14

Ian P says...

denfish wrote:
ecc s got a maintainence policy ?
Were you not aware they had a policy? Basically it is their policy to paint coloured rings around the potholes so the drivers can see them, at least until the paint wears off.
[quote][p][bold]denfish[/bold] wrote: ecc s got a maintainence policy ?[/p][/quote]Were you not aware they had a policy? Basically it is their policy to paint coloured rings around the potholes so the drivers can see them, at least until the paint wears off. Ian P
  • Score: 1

8:51pm Fri 10 Jan 14

John T Pharro says...

Ian P wrote:
denfish wrote:
ecc s got a maintainence policy ?
Were you not aware they had a policy? Basically it is their policy to paint coloured rings around the potholes so the drivers can see them, at least until the paint wears off.
That is so true and if you cannot get safety fencing damaged for months outside an Infant School and Nursery repaired as another Essex Highways policy is "repairs are prioritised" and nothing surly has a higher priority than infants this road has no chance. Essex Highways beyond a shadow of doubt the worst in the country.
[quote][p][bold]Ian P[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]denfish[/bold] wrote: ecc s got a maintainence policy ?[/p][/quote]Were you not aware they had a policy? Basically it is their policy to paint coloured rings around the potholes so the drivers can see them, at least until the paint wears off.[/p][/quote]That is so true and if you cannot get safety fencing damaged for months outside an Infant School and Nursery repaired as another Essex Highways policy is "repairs are prioritised" and nothing surly has a higher priority than infants this road has no chance. Essex Highways beyond a shadow of doubt the worst in the country. John T Pharro
  • Score: 0

4:53am Sat 11 Jan 14

Nowthatsworthknowing says...

John T Pharro wrote:
Ian P wrote:
denfish wrote:
ecc s got a maintainence policy ?
Were you not aware they had a policy? Basically it is their policy to paint coloured rings around the potholes so the drivers can see them, at least until the paint wears off.
That is so true and if you cannot get safety fencing damaged for months outside an Infant School and Nursery repaired as another Essex Highways policy is "repairs are prioritised" and nothing surly has a higher priority than infants this road has no chance. Essex Highways beyond a shadow of doubt the worst in the country.
Orrmo
[quote][p][bold]John T Pharro[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ian P[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]denfish[/bold] wrote: ecc s got a maintainence policy ?[/p][/quote]Were you not aware they had a policy? Basically it is their policy to paint coloured rings around the potholes so the drivers can see them, at least until the paint wears off.[/p][/quote]That is so true and if you cannot get safety fencing damaged for months outside an Infant School and Nursery repaired as another Essex Highways policy is "repairs are prioritised" and nothing surly has a higher priority than infants this road has no chance. Essex Highways beyond a shadow of doubt the worst in the country.[/p][/quote]Orrmo Nowthatsworthknowing
  • Score: 1

5:06pm Mon 13 Jan 14

Lauqhlast. says...

LastLaugh2 wrote:
We had better at Dale, and the joke is those from Bramble payed.
You have now implied you are a Traveller from Dale farm...that was what I was waiting for. Any further denigrating of the people or community, who are protected by the Race Relations Act, will be reported as such and demands for action to be taken against you.
[quote][p][bold]LastLaugh2[/bold] wrote: We had better at Dale, and the joke is those from Bramble payed.[/p][/quote]You have now implied you are a Traveller from Dale farm...that was what I was waiting for. Any further denigrating of the people or community, who are protected by the Race Relations Act, will be reported as such and demands for action to be taken against you. Lauqhlast.
  • Score: 0

5:57pm Mon 13 Jan 14

Lauqhlast. says...

LastLaugh2 wrote:
We had better at Dale, and the joke is those from Bramble payed.
You have now implied you are a Traveller from Dale farm...that was what I was waiting for.

Any further denigrating of the people or community, who are protected by the Race Relations Act, will be reported as such and demands for action to be taken against you.
[quote][p][bold]LastLaugh2[/bold] wrote: We had better at Dale, and the joke is those from Bramble payed.[/p][/quote]You have now implied you are a Traveller from Dale farm...that was what I was waiting for. Any further denigrating of the people or community, who are protected by the Race Relations Act, will be reported as such and demands for action to be taken against you. Lauqhlast.
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree