Workmen spark blaze in derelict Rochford mill

First published in Echo News

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a derelict building after workmen accidentally set it alight.

The builders were carrying out repairs on the roof of the abandoned mill in Mill Lane, Rochford, when the blaze began.

It is believed that a spark from a blow torch started the fire.

Firefighters from Southend and Hawkwell arrived at the scene just before 4pm this afternoon.

The spent an hour using an ariel ladder platform to extinguish the flames.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree