Fire crews rushed to tackle an accidental blaze in a garden of a home.

The firefighters were called to a property in Brampstead, Laindon this morning shortly before 8am.

The fire destroyed a large shed and garden equipment at the property.

Neighbours living nearby said they were woken by loud bangs this morning. 

Southend Standard:

Incident - the fire crews battling the blaze in nearby road The Chignals behind the home pic by Stephen Pilfold 

A spokesman for the Fire Service said: "We called at 7.46am to Brampstead, Laindon Basildon to reports of a fire in a back garden Two fire engines attended.

"On arrival firefighters confirmed that a large garden shed and garden equipment were alight, which had spread to the adjacent house.

"The fire extinguished by 8.47am and the cause recorded as accidental."

The homeowner decline chance to comment when approached by the Echo.