A “DISGUSTING” rapist has been jailed for ten years after a “brazen” and “sustained” attack on a woman in her own home.

Ricardas Tiskus, 39, of no fixed address, was lambasted by Judge Samantha Cohen as he was sentenced for rape, attempted rape and criminal damage on Wednesday at Basildon Crown Court.

The court heard that Tiskus had been employed to distribute leaflets to homes in Chadwell St Mary on November 23 last year.

When approaching one house, he made his way into the garden to look for things to steal and managed to get into the home.

He was found by the owner of the house drinking beer in her lounge, and she assumed he was her daughter’s friend.

The woman, who suffered from epilepsy and anxiety, made him a cup of tea and talked to him.

He began to touch her, and when she told him to stop, he ripped off her clothes and dragged her upstairs naked and raped her on her own bed.

Addressing Tiskus, Judge Cohen said: “Whilst you did that, she bravely tried to fight you off, digging deep cuts into your back and she bit you.

“After your sustained attack, she fled to the bathroom and locked herself in, completely in fear. She waited for 30 minutes and when she thought the coast was clear, she bravely went downstairs to find you smoking.”

Tiskus told his victim that “if she like sex, then this was ok”. She then called the police, shouting she had been raped before Tiskus intercepted her and put the phone down.

Police called the number back and Tiskus answered the phone, claiming everything was okay.

The victim then bravely shouted again that she had been attacked by a man who had broken into her home.

Police rushed to the scene, but not before Tiskus dragged his victim back upstairs and attempted to rape her again.

Officers arrived and knocked on the door; the woman screamed she was being raped, and police managed to get into the house via the back window, and arrest Tiskus.

Judge Cohen said: “This was a brazen and sustained attack on a vulnerable woman. As a final act of contempt for her, you urinated on the wall when being led downstairs.

“The police officers at the scene told you at the time that you were disgusting. They were right.”

Tiskus was given ten years in jail for rape, seven years for attempted rape and two months for criminal damage to run concurrently.

Speaking after his sentencing, Detective Chief Inspector Stuart Truss, of Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate said: “Tiskus was yesterday found guilty of raping and attempting to rape a woman in her own home.

“He has shown no remorse for his actions and today a dangerous sexual predator will be locked in prison cell for many years.

“I want to once again praise the victim for her bravery during the incident, our investigation and the trial.

“I hope today’s outcome will offer some justice to her as she courageously continues to rebuild her life.”

He will be put on the sex offenders register for life.