The roof of a house collapsed after a fire overnight.

Fire crews rushed to the home in Pound Lane, Bowers Gifford at 9.30pm last night.

Crews were after reports of smoke in the area.

Firefighters found there was a fire in the roof space.

The crews battled difficult access and worked quickly to bring the fire under control and extinguished it by 11.10pm.

The house has suffered smoke and fire damage on the first floor as well as a collapsed roof.

The cause of the fire has been record as accidental and is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.