Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us Click here for details »
Chip pan fire destroys kitchen in Westcliff
8:45am Monday 26th March 2012 in Southend
A KITCHEN was completely destroyed after a chip pan fire got out of hand on Sunday night.
Firefighters from Southend were called out at about 8.25pm to Shakespeare Drive, Westcliff, where two young men had been cooking chips in their father's home.
The pan caught alight and spread quickly around other kitchen units.
Crews were able to extinguish the flames within 20 minutes, but the room was left totally ruined.
No one was injured during the incident.