Victim "very shaken" after purse and phone stolen on Queensway

Woman, 67, dragged to ground in bag snatch

Woman, 67, dragged to ground in bag snatch

First published in Southend
Last updated
by

POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a woman had her bag snatched in Southend.

The victim, a 67-year-old woman from Westcliff, was on her way to work at about 11.45am on July 24 in Queensway when she was approached by a man on a bike.

Investigating officer Det Con Sam Boyd said: "The man grabbed the victim’s bag and she was dragged to the ground.

"She tried to hang onto it and there was a struggle.

"She suffered extensive bruising to her right under arm and had large grazes on her right knee and right wrist.

"He got away with her bag and its contents.

"The victim has been left very shaken as a result of what happened.”

The black bag contained the victim’s mobile phone and purse.

The suspect is described as white, aged between 21 and 40, had black, cropped, receding hair and was carrying a black canvas bag over his shoulder.

He was riding a bike.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact Det Con Boyd at Southend CID via Essex Police 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Comments (32)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:21am Sun 3 Aug 14

supermadmax says...

If you walk about many parts of London - a good example being Leyton, you will see big fluorescent signs reading "You are now entering a zone where there is a high risk of ,mugging and street robbery, Be aware!" I kid you not! You even go into many shops, just off the high st and they will have cages where all the stock is behind and you speak to the man who will go an get the items before you pass the money through.

Within 20 years, that will be here, wait an see. Although by that time most of the traditional south essex people will have moved out to pastures new.
If you walk about many parts of London - a good example being Leyton, you will see big fluorescent signs reading "You are now entering a zone where there is a high risk of ,mugging and street robbery, Be aware!" I kid you not! You even go into many shops, just off the high st and they will have cages where all the stock is behind and you speak to the man who will go an get the items before you pass the money through. Within 20 years, that will be here, wait an see. Although by that time most of the traditional south essex people will have moved out to pastures new. supermadmax
  • Score: 25

10:31am Sun 3 Aug 14

Horace Wimpole says...

supermadmax wrote:
If you walk about many parts of London - a good example being Leyton, you will see big fluorescent signs reading "You are now entering a zone where there is a high risk of ,mugging and street robbery, Be aware!" I kid you not! You even go into many shops, just off the high st and they will have cages where all the stock is behind and you speak to the man who will go an get the items before you pass the money through.

Within 20 years, that will be here, wait an see. Although by that time most of the traditional south essex people will have moved out to pastures new.
"traditional south essex people"

What the hell is that supposed to mean.
[quote][p][bold]supermadmax[/bold] wrote: If you walk about many parts of London - a good example being Leyton, you will see big fluorescent signs reading "You are now entering a zone where there is a high risk of ,mugging and street robbery, Be aware!" I kid you not! You even go into many shops, just off the high st and they will have cages where all the stock is behind and you speak to the man who will go an get the items before you pass the money through. Within 20 years, that will be here, wait an see. Although by that time most of the traditional south essex people will have moved out to pastures new.[/p][/quote]"traditional south essex people" What the hell is that supposed to mean. Horace Wimpole
  • Score: -27

10:36am Sun 3 Aug 14

supermadmax says...

Horace Wimpole wrote:
supermadmax wrote:
If you walk about many parts of London - a good example being Leyton, you will see big fluorescent signs reading "You are now entering a zone where there is a high risk of ,mugging and street robbery, Be aware!" I kid you not! You even go into many shops, just off the high st and they will have cages where all the stock is behind and you speak to the man who will go an get the items before you pass the money through.

Within 20 years, that will be here, wait an see. Although by that time most of the traditional south essex people will have moved out to pastures new.
"traditional south essex people"

What the hell is that supposed to mean.
Err people who were born in south essex or have grew up in the area ? As oppose to another area of the country ie London or a different country.

What do you think its suppose to mean ?
[quote][p][bold]Horace Wimpole[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]supermadmax[/bold] wrote: If you walk about many parts of London - a good example being Leyton, you will see big fluorescent signs reading "You are now entering a zone where there is a high risk of ,mugging and street robbery, Be aware!" I kid you not! You even go into many shops, just off the high st and they will have cages where all the stock is behind and you speak to the man who will go an get the items before you pass the money through. Within 20 years, that will be here, wait an see. Although by that time most of the traditional south essex people will have moved out to pastures new.[/p][/quote]"traditional south essex people" What the hell is that supposed to mean.[/p][/quote]Err people who were born in south essex or have grew up in the area ? As oppose to another area of the country ie London or a different country. What do you think its suppose to mean ? supermadmax
  • Score: 38

12:07pm Sun 3 Aug 14

pembury53 says...

Horace Wimpole wrote:
supermadmax wrote:
If you walk about many parts of London - a good example being Leyton, you will see big fluorescent signs reading "You are now entering a zone where there is a high risk of ,mugging and street robbery, Be aware!" I kid you not! You even go into many shops, just off the high st and they will have cages where all the stock is behind and you speak to the man who will go an get the items before you pass the money through.

Within 20 years, that will be here, wait an see. Although by that time most of the traditional south essex people will have moved out to pastures new.
"traditional south essex people"

What the hell is that supposed to mean.
it means the people who grew up here, and not all the recently imported scum that are responsible for most of the crime now happening almost daily......
[quote][p][bold]Horace Wimpole[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]supermadmax[/bold] wrote: If you walk about many parts of London - a good example being Leyton, you will see big fluorescent signs reading "You are now entering a zone where there is a high risk of ,mugging and street robbery, Be aware!" I kid you not! You even go into many shops, just off the high st and they will have cages where all the stock is behind and you speak to the man who will go an get the items before you pass the money through. Within 20 years, that will be here, wait an see. Although by that time most of the traditional south essex people will have moved out to pastures new.[/p][/quote]"traditional south essex people" What the hell is that supposed to mean.[/p][/quote]it means the people who grew up here, and not all the recently imported scum that are responsible for most of the crime now happening almost daily...... pembury53
  • Score: 40

1:04pm Sun 3 Aug 14

ThisYear says...

It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here'

Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from.

A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit
It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here' Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from. A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit ThisYear
  • Score: -23

2:27pm Sun 3 Aug 14

Sensible Man says...

Horace Wimpole wrote:
supermadmax wrote:
If you walk about many parts of London - a good example being Leyton, you will see big fluorescent signs reading "You are now entering a zone where there is a high risk of ,mugging and street robbery, Be aware!" I kid you not! You even go into many shops, just off the high st and they will have cages where all the stock is behind and you speak to the man who will go an get the items before you pass the money through.

Within 20 years, that will be here, wait an see. Although by that time most of the traditional south essex people will have moved out to pastures new.
"traditional south essex people"

What the hell is that supposed to mean.
Well - I think that reply from Horace must qualify as a good contender for the most stupid post of 2014 thus far (apart of course from the endless nonsense of "This Year").

Errr- what do you think it means Horace??? My God!!!! I think that SuperMM makes a very good point. It means the majority demographic of people who have been living in South Essex for many many years. Compare it to say - at random - Kingston, Jamaica or Islamabad in Pakistan. Would you more easily understand the "traditional" people of such cities?

Horace - I take it that you are a life-long Labour voter. That would certainly explain things.
[quote][p][bold]Horace Wimpole[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]supermadmax[/bold] wrote: If you walk about many parts of London - a good example being Leyton, you will see big fluorescent signs reading "You are now entering a zone where there is a high risk of ,mugging and street robbery, Be aware!" I kid you not! You even go into many shops, just off the high st and they will have cages where all the stock is behind and you speak to the man who will go an get the items before you pass the money through. Within 20 years, that will be here, wait an see. Although by that time most of the traditional south essex people will have moved out to pastures new.[/p][/quote]"traditional south essex people" What the hell is that supposed to mean.[/p][/quote]Well - I think that reply from Horace must qualify as a good contender for the most stupid post of 2014 thus far (apart of course from the endless nonsense of "This Year"). Errr- what do you think it means Horace??? My God!!!! I think that SuperMM makes a very good point. It means the majority demographic of people who have been living in South Essex for many many years. Compare it to say - at random - Kingston, Jamaica or Islamabad in Pakistan. Would you more easily understand the "traditional" people of such cities? Horace - I take it that you are a life-long Labour voter. That would certainly explain things. Sensible Man
  • Score: 23

2:33pm Sun 3 Aug 14

Sensible Man says...

P. S. I am so sorry - I did not add that I sincerely hope that this poor lady makes a full recovery and that the "person" responsible is sent away for a good few years.
P. S. I am so sorry - I did not add that I sincerely hope that this poor lady makes a full recovery and that the "person" responsible is sent away for a good few years. Sensible Man
  • Score: 22

2:57pm Sun 3 Aug 14

Friendly Fire says...

Why is a 67 year old woman working for anyway?
Why is a 67 year old woman working for anyway? Friendly Fire
  • Score: -30

3:14pm Sun 3 Aug 14

ThisYear says...

Sensible Man wrote:
Horace Wimpole wrote:
supermadmax wrote:
If you walk about many parts of London - a good example being Leyton, you will see big fluorescent signs reading "You are now entering a zone where there is a high risk of ,mugging and street robbery, Be aware!" I kid you not! You even go into many shops, just off the high st and they will have cages where all the stock is behind and you speak to the man who will go an get the items before you pass the money through.

Within 20 years, that will be here, wait an see. Although by that time most of the traditional south essex people will have moved out to pastures new.
"traditional south essex people"

What the hell is that supposed to mean.
Well - I think that reply from Horace must qualify as a good contender for the most stupid post of 2014 thus far (apart of course from the endless nonsense of "This Year").

Errr- what do you think it means Horace??? My God!!!! I think that SuperMM makes a very good point. It means the majority demographic of people who have been living in South Essex for many many years. Compare it to say - at random - Kingston, Jamaica or Islamabad in Pakistan. Would you more easily understand the "traditional" people of such cities?

Horace - I take it that you are a life-long Labour voter. That would certainly explain things.
You feel my comment on a criminal being a criminal, regardless of where he/she might hail from, is 'nonsense' like to say why?
[quote][p][bold]Sensible Man[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Horace Wimpole[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]supermadmax[/bold] wrote: If you walk about many parts of London - a good example being Leyton, you will see big fluorescent signs reading "You are now entering a zone where there is a high risk of ,mugging and street robbery, Be aware!" I kid you not! You even go into many shops, just off the high st and they will have cages where all the stock is behind and you speak to the man who will go an get the items before you pass the money through. Within 20 years, that will be here, wait an see. Although by that time most of the traditional south essex people will have moved out to pastures new.[/p][/quote]"traditional south essex people" What the hell is that supposed to mean.[/p][/quote]Well - I think that reply from Horace must qualify as a good contender for the most stupid post of 2014 thus far (apart of course from the endless nonsense of "This Year"). Errr- what do you think it means Horace??? My God!!!! I think that SuperMM makes a very good point. It means the majority demographic of people who have been living in South Essex for many many years. Compare it to say - at random - Kingston, Jamaica or Islamabad in Pakistan. Would you more easily understand the "traditional" people of such cities? Horace - I take it that you are a life-long Labour voter. That would certainly explain things.[/p][/quote]You feel my comment on a criminal being a criminal, regardless of where he/she might hail from, is 'nonsense' like to say why? ThisYear
  • Score: -17

3:17pm Sun 3 Aug 14

ThisYear says...

Sensible Man wrote:
P. S. I am so sorry - I did not add that I sincerely hope that this poor lady makes a full recovery and that the "person" responsible is sent away for a good few years.
Even if its a "traditional" ""person""
[quote][p][bold]Sensible Man[/bold] wrote: P. S. I am so sorry - I did not add that I sincerely hope that this poor lady makes a full recovery and that the "person" responsible is sent away for a good few years.[/p][/quote]Even if its a "traditional" ""person"" ThisYear
  • Score: -15

3:44pm Sun 3 Aug 14

Sensible Man says...

This Year - my comment was not meant to refer to your post on this thread - I would totally agree with you. Scum is scum wherever it hails from. What gets me about you is your constant and repeated assertions - apparently- that people from certain sections of our diverse national community are always the victim and are never - heaven forbid - guilty of anti-social behaviour or other acts such as leaving piles of rubbish around a previously well-tended area. Perhaps if you adopted a slightly more balanced and sensible perspective you would not receive so many thumbs down. I respect your endless support for those that you choose to so support - but do not expect everyone to agree with your naïve statements. And kindly respect those who have opposing views to yourself.
This Year - my comment was not meant to refer to your post on this thread - I would totally agree with you. Scum is scum wherever it hails from. What gets me about you is your constant and repeated assertions - apparently- that people from certain sections of our diverse national community are always the victim and are never - heaven forbid - guilty of anti-social behaviour or other acts such as leaving piles of rubbish around a previously well-tended area. Perhaps if you adopted a slightly more balanced and sensible perspective you would not receive so many thumbs down. I respect your endless support for those that you choose to so support - but do not expect everyone to agree with your naïve statements. And kindly respect those who have opposing views to yourself. Sensible Man
  • Score: 21

4:23pm Sun 3 Aug 14

ThisYear says...

Sensible Man wrote:
This Year - my comment was not meant to refer to your post on this thread - I would totally agree with you. Scum is scum wherever it hails from. What gets me about you is your constant and repeated assertions - apparently- that people from certain sections of our diverse national community are always the victim and are never - heaven forbid - guilty of anti-social behaviour or other acts such as leaving piles of rubbish around a previously well-tended area. Perhaps if you adopted a slightly more balanced and sensible perspective you would not receive so many thumbs down. I respect your endless support for those that you choose to so support - but do not expect everyone to agree with your naïve statements. And kindly respect those who have opposing views to yourself.
So its not complete nonsense then?

"What gets me about you is your constant and repeated assertions - apparently- that people from certain sections of our diverse national community are always the victim and are never - heaven forbid - guilty of anti-social behaviour "

Im afraid, like your recent claim I post ever ending nonsense only to contradict yourself soon after, this latest claim is also wrong..

I merely point out that any claim of crime against one can be laid against
another and then take to task those who ignore that or claim it isn't, so to denigrate the people in question..

I do not consider thumbs down being indicative of anything but the timbre of the people who frequent this forum.

Can you post one of my "naive statements" or is this another fallacy?

You ask me to respect others opposing views (usually in the form of racism or lies) then refer to my views as "ever ending nonsense" and "naive statements"

So I should do what you dont, because you say I should?

Perhaps you should listen to your own advice.
[quote][p][bold]Sensible Man[/bold] wrote: This Year - my comment was not meant to refer to your post on this thread - I would totally agree with you. Scum is scum wherever it hails from. What gets me about you is your constant and repeated assertions - apparently- that people from certain sections of our diverse national community are always the victim and are never - heaven forbid - guilty of anti-social behaviour or other acts such as leaving piles of rubbish around a previously well-tended area. Perhaps if you adopted a slightly more balanced and sensible perspective you would not receive so many thumbs down. I respect your endless support for those that you choose to so support - but do not expect everyone to agree with your naïve statements. And kindly respect those who have opposing views to yourself.[/p][/quote]So its not complete nonsense then? "What gets me about you is your constant and repeated assertions - apparently- that people from certain sections of our diverse national community are always the victim and are never - heaven forbid - guilty of anti-social behaviour " Im afraid, like your recent claim I post ever ending nonsense only to contradict yourself soon after, this latest claim is also wrong.. I merely point out that any claim of crime against one can be laid against another and then take to task those who ignore that or claim it isn't, so to denigrate the people in question.. I do not consider thumbs down being indicative of anything but the timbre of the people who frequent this forum. Can you post one of my "naive statements" or is this another fallacy? You ask me to respect others opposing views (usually in the form of racism or lies) then refer to my views as "ever ending nonsense" and "naive statements" So I should do what you dont, because you say I should? Perhaps you should listen to your own advice. ThisYear
  • Score: -15

4:53pm Sun 3 Aug 14

Ladydolphin.mh says...

I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT WHAT NATIONALITY THE SCUMBAG IS FROM HE NEEDS TO BE CAUGHT AND BANGED UP FOR A LONG TIME SO HE CAN SIT AND STEW ON THE AFFECT THAT HE HAS CAUSED ON THIS POOR LADIES LIFE.
LET'S JUST HOPE THAT SHE GETS THE SUPPORT THAT IS NEEDED TO GAIN HER CONFIDENCE BACK.
GET WELL SOON SWEETHEART!
I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT WHAT NATIONALITY THE SCUMBAG IS FROM HE NEEDS TO BE CAUGHT AND BANGED UP FOR A LONG TIME SO HE CAN SIT AND STEW ON THE AFFECT THAT HE HAS CAUSED ON THIS POOR LADIES LIFE. LET'S JUST HOPE THAT SHE GETS THE SUPPORT THAT IS NEEDED TO GAIN HER CONFIDENCE BACK. GET WELL SOON SWEETHEART! Ladydolphin.mh
  • Score: 9

4:59pm Sun 3 Aug 14

LinfordsLunchbox says...

ThisYear wrote:
It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here'

Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from.

A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit
Maybe because a crime comitted by newcomers is harder to stay silent about, they are a guest, they have been granted access to a place most people do not want them in, and have been forced into having to share their ever-more-crowded island with, having their resources strained ever-further, and to show their thanks by comitting crime against the people who's taxes make their existence here possible is a further slap in the face, but then again i wouldnt expect you of all people to grasp that
[quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here' Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from. A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit[/p][/quote]Maybe because a crime comitted by newcomers is harder to stay silent about, they are a guest, they have been granted access to a place most people do not want them in, and have been forced into having to share their ever-more-crowded island with, having their resources strained ever-further, and to show their thanks by comitting crime against the people who's taxes make their existence here possible is a further slap in the face, but then again i wouldnt expect you of all people to grasp that LinfordsLunchbox
  • Score: 17

5:06pm Sun 3 Aug 14

My Britain says...

Some comments on here are a load of ****, people should be able to go where they want, without this **** on the streets attacking innersent people it's sickening hearing going on, without a good punishment!!!
Some comments on here are a load of ****, people should be able to go where they want, without this **** on the streets attacking innersent people it's sickening hearing going on, without a good punishment!!! My Britain
  • Score: 14

6:42pm Sun 3 Aug 14

alarminstaller says...

What kind of thing would do such a thing ?

It is bad enough that the current government and the last government have allowed so many criminals into the country.
It is bad enough that this government the so called 'party of law and order' have almost destroyed Our Police and almost broken the morale of serving Police Officers.

What is really sad and tragic is here is a lady 7 years over her retirement age that obviously needs the money and she gets robbed by this 'thing'
who deserves without doubt to be strung up.
What kind of thing would do such a thing ? It is bad enough that the current government and the last government have allowed so many criminals into the country. It is bad enough that this government the so called 'party of law and order' have almost destroyed Our Police and almost broken the morale of serving Police Officers. What is really sad and tragic is here is a lady 7 years over her retirement age that obviously needs the money and she gets robbed by this 'thing' who deserves without doubt to be strung up. alarminstaller
  • Score: 7

7:31pm Sun 3 Aug 14

runwellian says...

Friendly Fire wrote:
Why is a 67 year old woman working for anyway?
I am 70 plus and still working!
[quote][p][bold]Friendly Fire[/bold] wrote: Why is a 67 year old woman working for anyway?[/p][/quote]I am 70 plus and still working! runwellian
  • Score: 10

7:33pm Sun 3 Aug 14

runwellian says...

One reason I never carry a handbag, a visible phone or a purse.
One reason I never carry a handbag, a visible phone or a purse. runwellian
  • Score: 3

9:39pm Sun 3 Aug 14

ThisYear says...

LinfordsLunchbox wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here'

Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from.

A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit
Maybe because a crime comitted by newcomers is harder to stay silent about, they are a guest, they have been granted access to a place most people do not want them in, and have been forced into having to share their ever-more-crowded island with, having their resources strained ever-further, and to show their thanks by comitting crime against the people who's taxes make their existence here possible is a further slap in the face, but then again i wouldnt expect you of all people to grasp that
You think a victim of crime feels better if the crime has been committed against them by 'one of their own'?

A criminal is a criminal...you dont seem to be able to grasp that..what difference does the period of time in the country matter to the victim.

Im very open to debate but not stereotypical clap-trap..
[quote][p][bold]LinfordsLunchbox[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here' Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from. A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit[/p][/quote]Maybe because a crime comitted by newcomers is harder to stay silent about, they are a guest, they have been granted access to a place most people do not want them in, and have been forced into having to share their ever-more-crowded island with, having their resources strained ever-further, and to show their thanks by comitting crime against the people who's taxes make their existence here possible is a further slap in the face, but then again i wouldnt expect you of all people to grasp that[/p][/quote]You think a victim of crime feels better if the crime has been committed against them by 'one of their own'? A criminal is a criminal...you dont seem to be able to grasp that..what difference does the period of time in the country matter to the victim. Im very open to debate but not stereotypical clap-trap.. ThisYear
  • Score: -6

11:15pm Sun 3 Aug 14

Mattster says...

ThisYear wrote:
It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here'

Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from.

A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit
Yeah but all those Romanians who turned over Lakeside after 1 month in the country didn't help the stereotyping did they!
[quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here' Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from. A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit[/p][/quote]Yeah but all those Romanians who turned over Lakeside after 1 month in the country didn't help the stereotyping did they! Mattster
  • Score: 9

11:39pm Sun 3 Aug 14

LinfordsLunchbox says...

ThisYear wrote:
LinfordsLunchbox wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here'

Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from.

A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit
Maybe because a crime comitted by newcomers is harder to stay silent about, they are a guest, they have been granted access to a place most people do not want them in, and have been forced into having to share their ever-more-crowded island with, having their resources strained ever-further, and to show their thanks by comitting crime against the people who's taxes make their existence here possible is a further slap in the face, but then again i wouldnt expect you of all people to grasp that
You think a victim of crime feels better if the crime has been committed against them by 'one of their own'?

A criminal is a criminal...you dont seem to be able to grasp that..what difference does the period of time in the country matter to the victim.

Im very open to debate but not stereotypical clap-trap..
You've taken what i said and replied to what you wanted to read, not what i actually wrote, you are an idiot, you are impossible to debate with. Feeling angry with foreigners abusing their time in britain is not soley opposed by thinking british criminals are fine, the fact you decifer that from a simple explanation of why people get annoyed by immigrant criminals (as if anybody would need it explaining) says all that needs to be said
[quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]LinfordsLunchbox[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here' Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from. A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit[/p][/quote]Maybe because a crime comitted by newcomers is harder to stay silent about, they are a guest, they have been granted access to a place most people do not want them in, and have been forced into having to share their ever-more-crowded island with, having their resources strained ever-further, and to show their thanks by comitting crime against the people who's taxes make their existence here possible is a further slap in the face, but then again i wouldnt expect you of all people to grasp that[/p][/quote]You think a victim of crime feels better if the crime has been committed against them by 'one of their own'? A criminal is a criminal...you dont seem to be able to grasp that..what difference does the period of time in the country matter to the victim. Im very open to debate but not stereotypical clap-trap..[/p][/quote]You've taken what i said and replied to what you wanted to read, not what i actually wrote, you are an idiot, you are impossible to debate with. Feeling angry with foreigners abusing their time in britain is not soley opposed by thinking british criminals are fine, the fact you decifer that from a simple explanation of why people get annoyed by immigrant criminals (as if anybody would need it explaining) says all that needs to be said LinfordsLunchbox
  • Score: 5

10:52am Mon 4 Aug 14

ThisYear says...

Mattster wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here'

Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from.

A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit
Yeah but all those Romanians who turned over Lakeside after 1 month in the country didn't help the stereotyping did they!
You feel people stereotyped are responsible for their own stereotyping..becaus
e of the minority?

Are all people to be considered chavvie scumbags because of that?

Your logic would appear to suggest that should be the case.
[quote][p][bold]Mattster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here' Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from. A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit[/p][/quote]Yeah but all those Romanians who turned over Lakeside after 1 month in the country didn't help the stereotyping did they![/p][/quote]You feel people stereotyped are responsible for their own stereotyping..becaus e of the minority? Are all people to be considered chavvie scumbags because of that? Your logic would appear to suggest that should be the case. ThisYear
  • Score: -2

11:02am Mon 4 Aug 14

ThisYear says...

LinfordsLunchbox wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
LinfordsLunchbox wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here'

Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from.

A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit
Maybe because a crime comitted by newcomers is harder to stay silent about, they are a guest, they have been granted access to a place most people do not want them in, and have been forced into having to share their ever-more-crowded island with, having their resources strained ever-further, and to show their thanks by comitting crime against the people who's taxes make their existence here possible is a further slap in the face, but then again i wouldnt expect you of all people to grasp that
You think a victim of crime feels better if the crime has been committed against them by 'one of their own'?

A criminal is a criminal...you dont seem to be able to grasp that..what difference does the period of time in the country matter to the victim.

Im very open to debate but not stereotypical clap-trap..
You've taken what i said and replied to what you wanted to read, not what i actually wrote, you are an idiot, you are impossible to debate with. Feeling angry with foreigners abusing their time in britain is not soley opposed by thinking british criminals are fine, the fact you decifer that from a simple explanation of why people get annoyed by immigrant criminals (as if anybody would need it explaining) says all that needs to be said
Oh dear...a reasoned and reasonable response from me met with an insult and the claim I cant be debated with by you...do you not see irony there?

Which is it that angers you most...the fact you feel they are abusing their time here or the fact they are foreigners? I think I know but ask all the same.

How on earth do you 'decipher' that you know what makes people angry?

You o course mean what makes you angry.

Please do get delusions you speak for all or even anything but a small minority of the people.

Most right minded people will know that the vast majority of foreigners do not abuse their time or stay in this country..

Negative stereotyping, imo, is the refuge of the slow thinker and often the thug...
[quote][p][bold]LinfordsLunchbox[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]LinfordsLunchbox[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here' Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from. A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit[/p][/quote]Maybe because a crime comitted by newcomers is harder to stay silent about, they are a guest, they have been granted access to a place most people do not want them in, and have been forced into having to share their ever-more-crowded island with, having their resources strained ever-further, and to show their thanks by comitting crime against the people who's taxes make their existence here possible is a further slap in the face, but then again i wouldnt expect you of all people to grasp that[/p][/quote]You think a victim of crime feels better if the crime has been committed against them by 'one of their own'? A criminal is a criminal...you dont seem to be able to grasp that..what difference does the period of time in the country matter to the victim. Im very open to debate but not stereotypical clap-trap..[/p][/quote]You've taken what i said and replied to what you wanted to read, not what i actually wrote, you are an idiot, you are impossible to debate with. Feeling angry with foreigners abusing their time in britain is not soley opposed by thinking british criminals are fine, the fact you decifer that from a simple explanation of why people get annoyed by immigrant criminals (as if anybody would need it explaining) says all that needs to be said[/p][/quote]Oh dear...a reasoned and reasonable response from me met with an insult and the claim I cant be debated with by you...do you not see irony there? Which is it that angers you most...the fact you feel they are abusing their time here or the fact they are foreigners? I think I know but ask all the same. How on earth do you 'decipher' that you know what makes people angry? You o course mean what makes you angry. Please do get delusions you speak for all or even anything but a small minority of the people. Most right minded people will know that the vast majority of foreigners do not abuse their time or stay in this country.. Negative stereotyping, imo, is the refuge of the slow thinker and often the thug... ThisYear
  • Score: -2

2:30pm Mon 4 Aug 14

Controversial1 says...

Ladydolphin.mh wrote:
I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT WHAT NATIONALITY THE SCUMBAG IS FROM HE NEEDS TO BE CAUGHT AND BANGED UP FOR A LONG TIME SO HE CAN SIT AND STEW ON THE AFFECT THAT HE HAS CAUSED ON THIS POOR LADIES LIFE.
LET'S JUST HOPE THAT SHE GETS THE SUPPORT THAT IS NEEDED TO GAIN HER CONFIDENCE BACK.
GET WELL SOON SWEETHEART!
Ladydolphin - aren't you the one who had the gastric band fitted? If so, no wonder you talk about Sitting and stewing! Clearly something you have great experience of.
PS - your doughnut crumbs are still on the caps lock button "sweetheart"!
[quote][p][bold]Ladydolphin.mh[/bold] wrote: I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT WHAT NATIONALITY THE SCUMBAG IS FROM HE NEEDS TO BE CAUGHT AND BANGED UP FOR A LONG TIME SO HE CAN SIT AND STEW ON THE AFFECT THAT HE HAS CAUSED ON THIS POOR LADIES LIFE. LET'S JUST HOPE THAT SHE GETS THE SUPPORT THAT IS NEEDED TO GAIN HER CONFIDENCE BACK. GET WELL SOON SWEETHEART![/p][/quote]Ladydolphin - aren't you the one who had the gastric band fitted? If so, no wonder you talk about Sitting and stewing! Clearly something you have great experience of. PS - your doughnut crumbs are still on the caps lock button "sweetheart"! Controversial1
  • Score: -1

2:32pm Mon 4 Aug 14

Controversial1 says...

My Britain wrote:
Some comments on here are a load of ****, people should be able to go where they want, without this **** on the streets attacking innersent people it's sickening hearing going on, without a good punishment!!!
Or a good punishment is - we could teach them all how to spell "innocent". illiterate plonker!!
[quote][p][bold]My Britain[/bold] wrote: Some comments on here are a load of ****, people should be able to go where they want, without this **** on the streets attacking innersent people it's sickening hearing going on, without a good punishment!!![/p][/quote]Or a good punishment is - we could teach them all how to spell "innocent". illiterate plonker!! Controversial1
  • Score: -3

2:36pm Mon 4 Aug 14

Controversial1 says...

The award winning paragraph of this story....... "He was riding a bike"
The award winning paragraph of this story....... "He was riding a bike" Controversial1
  • Score: -1

2:38pm Mon 4 Aug 14

Mattster says...

ThisYear wrote:
Mattster wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here'

Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from.

A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit
Yeah but all those Romanians who turned over Lakeside after 1 month in the country didn't help the stereotyping did they!
You feel people stereotyped are responsible for their own stereotyping..becaus

e of the minority?

Are all people to be considered chavvie scumbags because of that?

Your logic would appear to suggest that should be the case.
There isnt any logic in anything you have just said.
[quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mattster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here' Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from. A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit[/p][/quote]Yeah but all those Romanians who turned over Lakeside after 1 month in the country didn't help the stereotyping did they![/p][/quote]You feel people stereotyped are responsible for their own stereotyping..becaus e of the minority? Are all people to be considered chavvie scumbags because of that? Your logic would appear to suggest that should be the case.[/p][/quote]There isnt any logic in anything you have just said. Mattster
  • Score: 2

3:23pm Mon 4 Aug 14

ThisYear says...

Mattster wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Mattster wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here'

Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from.

A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit
Yeah but all those Romanians who turned over Lakeside after 1 month in the country didn't help the stereotyping did they!
You feel people stereotyped are responsible for their own stereotyping..becaus


e of the minority?

Are all people to be considered chavvie scumbags because of that?

Your logic would appear to suggest that should be the case.
There isnt any logic in anything you have just said.
"Your logic'

Would seem to suggested I was referring to what I perceived as 'Your logic"...not MY logic...do try to keep up old chap.
[quote][p][bold]Mattster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mattster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: It seems those who accuse ethnic minorities of crime are very silent when people from their community commit the same crimes...perhaps they feel they have a right to...or more a right than those who while born 'here' they consider not from 'here' Isnt a scum-bag criminal a criminal regardless of where he might hail from. A poll to this curious notion, by some, can be taken by the number of thumb downs I receive for advance the question....ready steady... submit[/p][/quote]Yeah but all those Romanians who turned over Lakeside after 1 month in the country didn't help the stereotyping did they![/p][/quote]You feel people stereotyped are responsible for their own stereotyping..becaus e of the minority? Are all people to be considered chavvie scumbags because of that? Your logic would appear to suggest that should be the case.[/p][/quote]There isnt any logic in anything you have just said.[/p][/quote]"Your logic' Would seem to suggested I was referring to what I perceived as 'Your logic"...not MY logic...do try to keep up old chap. ThisYear
  • Score: -4

7:18pm Mon 4 Aug 14

1nails says...

I received a leaflet through my letter box a couple of day;s ago from a, Ms MEG DAVIDSON, Editor of the Conservative, "blurb", "In Touch", in which she states how crime is down in Southend, and the Tories have got everything under control. I hope she's reading this. !!!!!!!!!!!!
I received a leaflet through my letter box a couple of day;s ago from a, Ms MEG DAVIDSON, Editor of the Conservative, "blurb", "In Touch", in which she states how crime is down in Southend, and the Tories have got everything under control. I hope she's reading this. !!!!!!!!!!!! 1nails
  • Score: 1

7:26pm Mon 4 Aug 14

ThisYear says...

1nails wrote:
I received a leaflet through my letter box a couple of day;s ago from a, Ms MEG DAVIDSON, Editor of the Conservative, "blurb", "In Touch", in which she states how crime is down in Southend, and the Tories have got everything under control. I hope she's reading this. !!!!!!!!!!!!
When she claimed " crime is down " perhaps she was referring to Tory MP's not ripping off the people via fraudulent expenses?
[quote][p][bold]1nails[/bold] wrote: I received a leaflet through my letter box a couple of day;s ago from a, Ms MEG DAVIDSON, Editor of the Conservative, "blurb", "In Touch", in which she states how crime is down in Southend, and the Tories have got everything under control. I hope she's reading this. !!!!!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]When she claimed " crime is down " perhaps she was referring to Tory MP's not ripping off the people via fraudulent expenses? ThisYear
  • Score: -1

12:09pm Tue 5 Aug 14

Controversial1 says...

ThisYear wrote:
1nails wrote:
I received a leaflet through my letter box a couple of day;s ago from a, Ms MEG DAVIDSON, Editor of the Conservative, "blurb", "In Touch", in which she states how crime is down in Southend, and the Tories have got everything under control. I hope she's reading this. !!!!!!!!!!!!
When she claimed " crime is down " perhaps she was referring to Tory MP's not ripping off the people via fraudulent expenses?
Perhaps when she said crime was down, she was trying to talk street and be hip with the kids!
[quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]1nails[/bold] wrote: I received a leaflet through my letter box a couple of day;s ago from a, Ms MEG DAVIDSON, Editor of the Conservative, "blurb", "In Touch", in which she states how crime is down in Southend, and the Tories have got everything under control. I hope she's reading this. !!!!!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]When she claimed " crime is down " perhaps she was referring to Tory MP's not ripping off the people via fraudulent expenses?[/p][/quote]Perhaps when she said crime was down, she was trying to talk street and be hip with the kids! Controversial1
  • Score: 0

7:34pm Tue 5 Aug 14

My Britain says...

Controversial1 wrote:
My Britain wrote:
Some comments on here are a load of ****, people should be able to go where they want, without this **** on the streets attacking innersent people it's sickening hearing going on, without a good punishment!!!
Or a good punishment is - we could teach them all how to spell "innocent". illiterate plonker!!
You understood what I had written, you ****,
[quote][p][bold]Controversial1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]My Britain[/bold] wrote: Some comments on here are a load of ****, people should be able to go where they want, without this **** on the streets attacking innersent people it's sickening hearing going on, without a good punishment!!![/p][/quote]Or a good punishment is - we could teach them all how to spell "innocent". illiterate plonker!![/p][/quote]You understood what I had written, you ****, My Britain
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree