Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us Click here for details »
Gas leak in Southchurch
HOMES were evacuated and a road closed after a gas leak in Southchurch this afternoon.
Firefighters evacuated seven people and closed Ely Road, Southchurch, after a resident burst a gas main in a garden with a garden fork at about 2.50pm.
The house where the leak happened and the properties either side were emptied and the road closed as a precaution as the firefighters plugged the leak with specialist tape.
A team from the gas board then carried out a permanent repair.
Comments are closed on this article.