Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us Click here for details »
Washing machine fire in Leigh extinguished by neighbour
A NEIGHBOUR extinguished a blaze when a washing machine caught on fire.
The fire broke out in a flat in Hudson Court off Hudson Road in Leigh just before 9.30am today.
A quick thinking neighbour isolated the flat’s electricity and poured water on the flames.
Fire fighters from Leigh travelled to the scene but the blaze was already out when they arrived. They removed the washing machine and made the premises safe and left at about 10am.
Comments are closed on this article.