Candle causes fire at flat in Rochford

Southend Standard: Candle causes fire at flat in Rochford Candle causes fire at flat in Rochford

A CANDLE left alight in a flat sparked a fire in Rochford on Monday night.

Firefighters from Southend were rushed out to the apartment in St Clare Meadow just after 11pm.

The crews were able to extinguish the blaze by 12.20am and it was discovered the fire started after a candle caught light with furniture after the property owner fell asleep.

The woman who lives in the flat was taken to Southend Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:29pm Tue 20 May 14

DannyK86 says...

Stories like this really get on my wick...
Stories like this really get on my wick... DannyK86
  • Score: -2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree