Two patients missing from mental health unit

Southend Standard: Paola Akosa Paola Akosa

TWO patients have gone missing from a mental health hospital.

Essex Police are searching for Paola Akosa, 39, and Derek Jarrett, 56, after they failed to return to the unit in Pound Lane, Bowers Gifford on Wednesday.

The pair do not have their medication with them and doctors are worried this could have an effect on their mental health and behaviour.

The public are urged not to approach the pair but to call Essex Police on 101.

Officers have alerted other forces including the Metropolitan Police and Kent as there is some suggestions the pair may have travelled to these areas, but it is feared they could be anywhere in the country.

Paola Akosa is black, large build, 5ft 10ins tall with shoulder length curly hair.

She was last seen wearing a white top, blue jeans and white sandals. She has several ear and nose piercings and is usually uses a lot of make up.

She is believed to have gone missing with Derek Jarrett.

He is white, 5ft 6ins tall with grey hair and blue eyes and wears glasses.

When last seen he was wearing track suit bottoms, black shoes, and carrying a brown shoulder bag.

He has several tattoos on his arms including a rose, dagger, snake and eagle's head.

He also wears a diabetic bracelet.

Comments (25)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:42pm Fri 2 May 14

Nelly99 says...

And were found working as sub editors at Echo Newspapers.
And were found working as sub editors at Echo Newspapers. Nelly99
  • Score: 22

3:51pm Fri 2 May 14

LinfordsLunchbox says...

Nelly99 wrote:
And were found working as sub editors at Echo Newspapers.
Yes, lets mock people with mental health issues as they could never work to a standard as good as somebody without could they?
[quote][p][bold]Nelly99[/bold] wrote: And were found working as sub editors at Echo Newspapers.[/p][/quote]Yes, lets mock people with mental health issues as they could never work to a standard as good as somebody without could they? LinfordsLunchbox
  • Score: 5

3:54pm Fri 2 May 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

Whats baffling is why let 2 mental people out on their own especially without their meds which they need as they could turn proper mental at the slightest thing, i mean the police are warning the general public not to approach them, she wouldn't be hard to spot mind and no i wouldn't approach her either, wide berth is the way.
Whats baffling is why let 2 mental people out on their own especially without their meds which they need as they could turn proper mental at the slightest thing, i mean the police are warning the general public not to approach them, she wouldn't be hard to spot mind and no i wouldn't approach her either, wide berth is the way. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 4

4:04pm Fri 2 May 14

BarryTanner says...

Got to avoid her?......Pity, from that pic she's exactly my type.
Got to avoid her?......Pity, from that pic she's exactly my type. BarryTanner
  • Score: 8

4:15pm Fri 2 May 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

BarryTanner wrote:
Got to avoid her?......Pity, from that pic she's exactly my type.
Theres someone for everyone out there Baz...keep on looking, it will happen at some point probably when you are least expecting it, never give up on your dreams.
[quote][p][bold]BarryTanner[/bold] wrote: Got to avoid her?......Pity, from that pic she's exactly my type.[/p][/quote]Theres someone for everyone out there Baz...keep on looking, it will happen at some point probably when you are least expecting it, never give up on your dreams. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 10

4:36pm Fri 2 May 14

runwellian says...

DogsMessInLeigh wrote:
Whats baffling is why let 2 mental people out on their own especially without their meds which they need as they could turn proper mental at the slightest thing, i mean the police are warning the general public not to approach them, she wouldn't be hard to spot mind and no i wouldn't approach her either, wide berth is the way.
Lots of folk with mental illness do full time jobs and without anyone knowing they have mental health issues.

I have a serious life long mental illness but also happen to be a trained nurse and worked in operating theatres! I have never been unemployed or claimed any benefits and raised my family.

It is illegal to discriminate against folk with mental illness and you never know who may be caring for you should you end up on the operating table!

Having a mental illness doesn't mean you don't have a brain or that you we stupid, I probably have more qualifications than you have brain cells!
[quote][p][bold]DogsMessInLeigh[/bold] wrote: Whats baffling is why let 2 mental people out on their own especially without their meds which they need as they could turn proper mental at the slightest thing, i mean the police are warning the general public not to approach them, she wouldn't be hard to spot mind and no i wouldn't approach her either, wide berth is the way.[/p][/quote]Lots of folk with mental illness do full time jobs and without anyone knowing they have mental health issues. I have a serious life long mental illness but also happen to be a trained nurse and worked in operating theatres! I have never been unemployed or claimed any benefits and raised my family. It is illegal to discriminate against folk with mental illness and you never know who may be caring for you should you end up on the operating table! Having a mental illness doesn't mean you don't have a brain or that you we stupid, I probably have more qualifications than you have brain cells! runwellian
  • Score: 31

4:46pm Fri 2 May 14

Nelly99 says...

LinfordsLunchbox wrote:
Nelly99 wrote: And were found working as sub editors at Echo Newspapers.
Yes, lets mock people with mental health issues as they could never work to a standard as good as somebody without could they?
Did you miss the joke LL. Back in your cavaran then.
[quote][p][bold]LinfordsLunchbox[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nelly99[/bold] wrote: And were found working as sub editors at Echo Newspapers.[/p][/quote]Yes, lets mock people with mental health issues as they could never work to a standard as good as somebody without could they?[/p][/quote]Did you miss the joke LL. Back in your cavaran then. Nelly99
  • Score: 1

4:46pm Fri 2 May 14

pussycats says...

Well said runwellian and admiration for you. There are some cruel, misguided people on this site, who probably have issues themselves, but keep them hidden. Thumbs up to you.
Well said runwellian and admiration for you. There are some cruel, misguided people on this site, who probably have issues themselves, but keep them hidden. Thumbs up to you. pussycats
  • Score: 18

4:55pm Fri 2 May 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

runwellian wrote:
DogsMessInLeigh wrote:
Whats baffling is why let 2 mental people out on their own especially without their meds which they need as they could turn proper mental at the slightest thing, i mean the police are warning the general public not to approach them, she wouldn't be hard to spot mind and no i wouldn't approach her either, wide berth is the way.
Lots of folk with mental illness do full time jobs and without anyone knowing they have mental health issues.

I have a serious life long mental illness but also happen to be a trained nurse and worked in operating theatres! I have never been unemployed or claimed any benefits and raised my family.

It is illegal to discriminate against folk with mental illness and you never know who may be caring for you should you end up on the operating table!

Having a mental illness doesn't mean you don't have a brain or that you we stupid, I probably have more qualifications than you have brain cells!
Yes i see what you are saying...but this is a case where they are in-patients of a mental Hospital/Unit that where let out alone without Meds that they obviously need and lets not forget the Police informed us not to approach them.
[quote][p][bold]runwellian[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DogsMessInLeigh[/bold] wrote: Whats baffling is why let 2 mental people out on their own especially without their meds which they need as they could turn proper mental at the slightest thing, i mean the police are warning the general public not to approach them, she wouldn't be hard to spot mind and no i wouldn't approach her either, wide berth is the way.[/p][/quote]Lots of folk with mental illness do full time jobs and without anyone knowing they have mental health issues. I have a serious life long mental illness but also happen to be a trained nurse and worked in operating theatres! I have never been unemployed or claimed any benefits and raised my family. It is illegal to discriminate against folk with mental illness and you never know who may be caring for you should you end up on the operating table! Having a mental illness doesn't mean you don't have a brain or that you we stupid, I probably have more qualifications than you have brain cells![/p][/quote]Yes i see what you are saying...but this is a case where they are in-patients of a mental Hospital/Unit that where let out alone without Meds that they obviously need and lets not forget the Police informed us not to approach them. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 12

5:00pm Fri 2 May 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

runwellian wrote:
DogsMessInLeigh wrote:
Whats baffling is why let 2 mental people out on their own especially without their meds which they need as they could turn proper mental at the slightest thing, i mean the police are warning the general public not to approach them, she wouldn't be hard to spot mind and no i wouldn't approach her either, wide berth is the way.
Lots of folk with mental illness do full time jobs and without anyone knowing they have mental health issues.

I have a serious life long mental illness but also happen to be a trained nurse and worked in operating theatres! I have never been unemployed or claimed any benefits and raised my family.

It is illegal to discriminate against folk with mental illness and you never know who may be caring for you should you end up on the operating table!

Having a mental illness doesn't mean you don't have a brain or that you we stupid, I probably have more qualifications than you have brain cells!
and i don't get your last 2 sentences....where am i discriminating against and where did i say they have no brain and they are stupid..? and whats with the brain cell bit..? My point was why let them out alone without much needed medication.! and that i would not approach her either.
[quote][p][bold]runwellian[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DogsMessInLeigh[/bold] wrote: Whats baffling is why let 2 mental people out on their own especially without their meds which they need as they could turn proper mental at the slightest thing, i mean the police are warning the general public not to approach them, she wouldn't be hard to spot mind and no i wouldn't approach her either, wide berth is the way.[/p][/quote]Lots of folk with mental illness do full time jobs and without anyone knowing they have mental health issues. I have a serious life long mental illness but also happen to be a trained nurse and worked in operating theatres! I have never been unemployed or claimed any benefits and raised my family. It is illegal to discriminate against folk with mental illness and you never know who may be caring for you should you end up on the operating table! Having a mental illness doesn't mean you don't have a brain or that you we stupid, I probably have more qualifications than you have brain cells![/p][/quote]and i don't get your last 2 sentences....where am i discriminating against and where did i say they have no brain and they are stupid..? and whats with the brain cell bit..? My point was why let them out alone without much needed medication.! and that i would not approach her either. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 8

5:04pm Fri 2 May 14

Nelly99 says...

pussycats wrote:
Well said runwellian and admiration for you. There are some cruel, misguided people on this site, who probably have issues themselves, but keep them hidden. Thumbs up to you.
Yeah, stoke the loony. Runwellian...it,s a clue. And your point is what exactly....?
[quote][p][bold]pussycats[/bold] wrote: Well said runwellian and admiration for you. There are some cruel, misguided people on this site, who probably have issues themselves, but keep them hidden. Thumbs up to you.[/p][/quote]Yeah, stoke the loony. Runwellian...it,s a clue. And your point is what exactly....? Nelly99
  • Score: 0

6:16pm Fri 2 May 14

pembury53 says...

time for the dogs, and and old shoe.......
time for the dogs, and and old shoe....... pembury53
  • Score: 0

7:07pm Fri 2 May 14

LinfordsLunchbox says...

Nelly99 wrote:
LinfordsLunchbox wrote:
Nelly99 wrote: And were found working as sub editors at Echo Newspapers.
Yes, lets mock people with mental health issues as they could never work to a standard as good as somebody without could they?
Did you miss the joke LL. Back in your cavaran then.
I take it you're implying that as the evening echo has such poor grammar that it must be down to the work of people suffering mental illness, haha my sides are splitting. Caravan? Erm ok, i have never married anybody who could be located on my family tree thanks
[quote][p][bold]Nelly99[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]LinfordsLunchbox[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nelly99[/bold] wrote: And were found working as sub editors at Echo Newspapers.[/p][/quote]Yes, lets mock people with mental health issues as they could never work to a standard as good as somebody without could they?[/p][/quote]Did you miss the joke LL. Back in your cavaran then.[/p][/quote]I take it you're implying that as the evening echo has such poor grammar that it must be down to the work of people suffering mental illness, haha my sides are splitting. Caravan? Erm ok, i have never married anybody who could be located on my family tree thanks LinfordsLunchbox
  • Score: -7

7:14pm Fri 2 May 14

LinfordsLunchbox says...

Because many mental health units allow patients to go out during the daytime then return, obviously they went out and didnt return
Because many mental health units allow patients to go out during the daytime then return, obviously they went out and didnt return LinfordsLunchbox
  • Score: 3

7:21pm Fri 2 May 14

Adrenaline_Junkie says...

Its Bonnie and Clyde.
Its Bonnie and Clyde. Adrenaline_Junkie
  • Score: -5

7:26pm Fri 2 May 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

LinfordsLunchbox wrote:
Because many mental health units allow patients to go out during the daytime then return, obviously they went out and didnt return
yes obviously...but i repeat, why not check that they have Meds with them when they do leave IF they must come and go alone, very slap dash and now there are 2 unstable people out there that are not to be approached according to the Doctors and Police.
[quote][p][bold]LinfordsLunchbox[/bold] wrote: Because many mental health units allow patients to go out during the daytime then return, obviously they went out and didnt return[/p][/quote]yes obviously...but i repeat, why not check that they have Meds with them when they do leave IF they must come and go alone, very slap dash and now there are 2 unstable people out there that are not to be approached according to the Doctors and Police. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 6

7:40pm Fri 2 May 14

LinfordsLunchbox says...

DogsMessInLeigh wrote:
LinfordsLunchbox wrote:
Because many mental health units allow patients to go out during the daytime then return, obviously they went out and didnt return
yes obviously...but i repeat, why not check that they have Meds with them when they do leave IF they must come and go alone, very slap dash and now there are 2 unstable people out there that are not to be approached according to the Doctors and Police.
Because they were expected back before their meds were due...
[quote][p][bold]DogsMessInLeigh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]LinfordsLunchbox[/bold] wrote: Because many mental health units allow patients to go out during the daytime then return, obviously they went out and didnt return[/p][/quote]yes obviously...but i repeat, why not check that they have Meds with them when they do leave IF they must come and go alone, very slap dash and now there are 2 unstable people out there that are not to be approached according to the Doctors and Police.[/p][/quote]Because they were expected back before their meds were due... LinfordsLunchbox
  • Score: -1

7:55pm Fri 2 May 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

LinfordsLunchbox wrote:
DogsMessInLeigh wrote:
LinfordsLunchbox wrote:
Because many mental health units allow patients to go out during the daytime then return, obviously they went out and didnt return
yes obviously...but i repeat, why not check that they have Meds with them when they do leave IF they must come and go alone, very slap dash and now there are 2 unstable people out there that are not to be approached according to the Doctors and Police.
Because they were expected back before their meds were due...
well maybe they should be reminded of the saying...
"always expect the unexpected"....even more so with people that are staying in a mental Unit.
[quote][p][bold]LinfordsLunchbox[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DogsMessInLeigh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]LinfordsLunchbox[/bold] wrote: Because many mental health units allow patients to go out during the daytime then return, obviously they went out and didnt return[/p][/quote]yes obviously...but i repeat, why not check that they have Meds with them when they do leave IF they must come and go alone, very slap dash and now there are 2 unstable people out there that are not to be approached according to the Doctors and Police.[/p][/quote]Because they were expected back before their meds were due...[/p][/quote]well maybe they should be reminded of the saying... "always expect the unexpected"....even more so with people that are staying in a mental Unit. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 5

11:27pm Sat 3 May 14

LoopyLou88 says...

honestly you guys are why theres so much stigma and judgemental people around mental health and mental illness. - just because they are out in public doesn't mean that they have to take thier meds with them thats like saying to someone who's not got any mental health problems here take these ibuprofens with you you may get a headache. and usually with medication for mental health problems you have exact times to take them etc so maybe they'd already taken them ???? stop the stigmatising and judgemental comments. and just for the record people with mental health problems are not looneys the looneys are you lot who are like constantly judging and stigmatising against mental health!
honestly you guys are why theres so much stigma and judgemental people around mental health and mental illness. - just because they are out in public doesn't mean that they have to take thier meds with them thats like saying to someone who's not got any mental health problems here take these ibuprofens with you you may get a headache. and usually with medication for mental health problems you have exact times to take them etc so maybe they'd already taken them ???? stop the stigmatising and judgemental comments. and just for the record people with mental health problems are not looneys the looneys are you lot who are like constantly judging and stigmatising against mental health! LoopyLou88
  • Score: 2

4:34pm Sun 4 May 14

runwellian says...

LoopyLou88 wrote:
honestly you guys are why theres so much stigma and judgemental people around mental health and mental illness. - just because they are out in public doesn't mean that they have to take thier meds with them thats like saying to someone who's not got any mental health problems here take these ibuprofens with you you may get a headache. and usually with medication for mental health problems you have exact times to take them etc so maybe they'd already taken them ???? stop the stigmatising and judgemental comments. and just for the record people with mental health problems are not looneys the looneys are you lot who are like constantly judging and stigmatising against mental health!
... and calling mental health patients 'looneys' os discrimination!

Patients are in mental health units, not prisons, and unless they are sectioned under the mental health act, they have every right to their freedom just as you or I do.

My question would be that if they were considered to be such a risk, why weren't they 'sectioned', it is no the first time folk from this unit have gone missing ... and died!
[quote][p][bold]LoopyLou88[/bold] wrote: honestly you guys are why theres so much stigma and judgemental people around mental health and mental illness. - just because they are out in public doesn't mean that they have to take thier meds with them thats like saying to someone who's not got any mental health problems here take these ibuprofens with you you may get a headache. and usually with medication for mental health problems you have exact times to take them etc so maybe they'd already taken them ???? stop the stigmatising and judgemental comments. and just for the record people with mental health problems are not looneys the looneys are you lot who are like constantly judging and stigmatising against mental health![/p][/quote]... and calling mental health patients 'looneys' os discrimination! Patients are in mental health units, not prisons, and unless they are sectioned under the mental health act, they have every right to their freedom just as you or I do. My question would be that if they were considered to be such a risk, why weren't they 'sectioned', it is no the first time folk from this unit have gone missing ... and died! runwellian
  • Score: 1

6:09pm Sun 4 May 14

Kim Gandy says...

LoopyLou88 wrote:
honestly you guys are why theres so much stigma and judgemental people around mental health and mental illness. - just because they are out in public doesn't mean that they have to take thier meds with them thats like saying to someone who's not got any mental health problems here take these ibuprofens with you you may get a headache. and usually with medication for mental health problems you have exact times to take them etc so maybe they'd already taken them ???? stop the stigmatising and judgemental comments. and just for the record people with mental health problems are not looneys the looneys are you lot who are like constantly judging and stigmatising against mental health!
Yes and medications for antipsychotic and similar drugs have to be timed correctly and no they will not have taken them with them because they will be in a locked trolley, handed out by a senior carer at the appointed times.

Do you think they allow people to run around with their own medication in a mental health unit? Of course they don't. There is a strict policy surrounding drug control.

it really depends how much of a danger they pose to the public and themselves. Obviously it's fairly serious or the public would not have been asked to approach.

A secure unit should be just that: secure.

But I take the point about people on here. SOME people on here have serious issues given the amount of lies they tell, rogue information they pass on and stuff they invent.

If you listen to everything they say about me, I eat babies for breakfast and am some sort of extremist.

All total cobblers of course and created in the minds of some people here who really would be better employed doing something useful for the community rather than name calling those of us who are actively involved.

I think there should be a return to the old system where mental health is concerned, with proper secure units in order to protect the patients and the public. Some people should never be allowed to roam the streets; dangerous psychopaths for instance, paedophiles and other degenerates.

Of course not all people with mental health issues fall into that category but there are truly undesirables who should never be given liberty at all.

Those who pose no threat to themselves or anybody else should be given every assistance to live independently.
[quote][p][bold]LoopyLou88[/bold] wrote: honestly you guys are why theres so much stigma and judgemental people around mental health and mental illness. - just because they are out in public doesn't mean that they have to take thier meds with them thats like saying to someone who's not got any mental health problems here take these ibuprofens with you you may get a headache. and usually with medication for mental health problems you have exact times to take them etc so maybe they'd already taken them ???? stop the stigmatising and judgemental comments. and just for the record people with mental health problems are not looneys the looneys are you lot who are like constantly judging and stigmatising against mental health![/p][/quote]Yes and medications for antipsychotic and similar drugs have to be timed correctly and no they will not have taken them with them because they will be in a locked trolley, handed out by a senior carer at the appointed times. Do you think they allow people to run around with their own medication in a mental health unit? Of course they don't. There is a strict policy surrounding drug control. it really depends how much of a danger they pose to the public and themselves. Obviously it's fairly serious or the public would not have been asked to approach. A secure unit should be just that: secure. But I take the point about people on here. SOME people on here have serious issues given the amount of lies they tell, rogue information they pass on and stuff they invent. If you listen to everything they say about me, I eat babies for breakfast and am some sort of extremist. All total cobblers of course and created in the minds of some people here who really would be better employed doing something useful for the community rather than name calling those of us who are actively involved. I think there should be a return to the old system where mental health is concerned, with proper secure units in order to protect the patients and the public. Some people should never be allowed to roam the streets; dangerous psychopaths for instance, paedophiles and other degenerates. Of course not all people with mental health issues fall into that category but there are truly undesirables who should never be given liberty at all. Those who pose no threat to themselves or anybody else should be given every assistance to live independently. Kim Gandy
  • Score: 1

7:54pm Sun 4 May 14

LoopyLou88 says...

runwellian wrote:
LoopyLou88 wrote:
honestly you guys are why theres so much stigma and judgemental people around mental health and mental illness. - just because they are out in public doesn't mean that they have to take thier meds with them thats like saying to someone who's not got any mental health problems here take these ibuprofens with you you may get a headache. and usually with medication for mental health problems you have exact times to take them etc so maybe they'd already taken them ???? stop the stigmatising and judgemental comments. and just for the record people with mental health problems are not looneys the looneys are you lot who are like constantly judging and stigmatising against mental health!
... and calling mental health patients 'looneys' os discrimination!

Patients are in mental health units, not prisons, and unless they are sectioned under the mental health act, they have every right to their freedom just as you or I do.

My question would be that if they were considered to be such a risk, why weren't they 'sectioned', it is no the first time folk from this unit have gone missing ... and died!
as someone with mental health problems myself i would never discriminate against anyone with mental heatlh, i have seen comments on here where people have been calling people with mental health looneys. i would suggest before you quote me and such like and accuse me of discrimination you read through the other comments first!
[quote][p][bold]runwellian[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]LoopyLou88[/bold] wrote: honestly you guys are why theres so much stigma and judgemental people around mental health and mental illness. - just because they are out in public doesn't mean that they have to take thier meds with them thats like saying to someone who's not got any mental health problems here take these ibuprofens with you you may get a headache. and usually with medication for mental health problems you have exact times to take them etc so maybe they'd already taken them ???? stop the stigmatising and judgemental comments. and just for the record people with mental health problems are not looneys the looneys are you lot who are like constantly judging and stigmatising against mental health![/p][/quote]... and calling mental health patients 'looneys' os discrimination! Patients are in mental health units, not prisons, and unless they are sectioned under the mental health act, they have every right to their freedom just as you or I do. My question would be that if they were considered to be such a risk, why weren't they 'sectioned', it is no the first time folk from this unit have gone missing ... and died![/p][/quote]as someone with mental health problems myself i would never discriminate against anyone with mental heatlh, i have seen comments on here where people have been calling people with mental health looneys. i would suggest before you quote me and such like and accuse me of discrimination you read through the other comments first! LoopyLou88
  • Score: 1

7:57pm Sun 4 May 14

LoopyLou88 says...

LinfordsLunchbox wrote:
Nelly99 wrote:
And were found working as sub editors at Echo Newspapers.
Yes, lets mock people with mental health issues as they could never work to a standard as good as somebody without could they?
Actually alot of people with mental health issues have a job. I did have a job till I was signed off and handed in my notice. and just so you know... most people who have a job as a counsellor etc have actually like had some kind of mental health issue themselves so they know where the people they talk to are coming from.
[quote][p][bold]LinfordsLunchbox[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nelly99[/bold] wrote: And were found working as sub editors at Echo Newspapers.[/p][/quote]Yes, lets mock people with mental health issues as they could never work to a standard as good as somebody without could they?[/p][/quote]Actually alot of people with mental health issues have a job. I did have a job till I was signed off and handed in my notice. and just so you know... most people who have a job as a counsellor etc have actually like had some kind of mental health issue themselves so they know where the people they talk to are coming from. LoopyLou88
  • Score: 2

8:07pm Sun 4 May 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

LoopyLou88 wrote:
runwellian wrote:
LoopyLou88 wrote:
honestly you guys are why theres so much stigma and judgemental people around mental health and mental illness. - just because they are out in public doesn't mean that they have to take thier meds with them thats like saying to someone who's not got any mental health problems here take these ibuprofens with you you may get a headache. and usually with medication for mental health problems you have exact times to take them etc so maybe they'd already taken them ???? stop the stigmatising and judgemental comments. and just for the record people with mental health problems are not looneys the looneys are you lot who are like constantly judging and stigmatising against mental health!
... and calling mental health patients 'looneys' os discrimination!

Patients are in mental health units, not prisons, and unless they are sectioned under the mental health act, they have every right to their freedom just as you or I do.

My question would be that if they were considered to be such a risk, why weren't they 'sectioned', it is no the first time folk from this unit have gone missing ... and died!
as someone with mental health problems myself i would never discriminate against anyone with mental heatlh, i have seen comments on here where people have been calling people with mental health looneys. i would suggest before you quote me and such like and accuse me of discrimination you read through the other comments first!
well runwellian said i was discriminating against mental people and said i only have a few brain cells(just because i questioned why these two where let out without important meds), but he never supplied any evidence when i asked for it, so don't hold your breath Loopy.
And i say again.. if Meds are so important(so much so that the police told everyone not to approach) and they are not allowed/be trusted to carry them why are they not escorted around..? if they are not to be approached that means they could be dangerous does it not..?
[quote][p][bold]LoopyLou88[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]runwellian[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]LoopyLou88[/bold] wrote: honestly you guys are why theres so much stigma and judgemental people around mental health and mental illness. - just because they are out in public doesn't mean that they have to take thier meds with them thats like saying to someone who's not got any mental health problems here take these ibuprofens with you you may get a headache. and usually with medication for mental health problems you have exact times to take them etc so maybe they'd already taken them ???? stop the stigmatising and judgemental comments. and just for the record people with mental health problems are not looneys the looneys are you lot who are like constantly judging and stigmatising against mental health![/p][/quote]... and calling mental health patients 'looneys' os discrimination! Patients are in mental health units, not prisons, and unless they are sectioned under the mental health act, they have every right to their freedom just as you or I do. My question would be that if they were considered to be such a risk, why weren't they 'sectioned', it is no the first time folk from this unit have gone missing ... and died![/p][/quote]as someone with mental health problems myself i would never discriminate against anyone with mental heatlh, i have seen comments on here where people have been calling people with mental health looneys. i would suggest before you quote me and such like and accuse me of discrimination you read through the other comments first![/p][/quote]well runwellian said i was discriminating against mental people and said i only have a few brain cells(just because i questioned why these two where let out without important meds), but he never supplied any evidence when i asked for it, so don't hold your breath Loopy. And i say again.. if Meds are so important(so much so that the police told everyone not to approach) and they are not allowed/be trusted to carry them why are they not escorted around..? if they are not to be approached that means they could be dangerous does it not..? DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 4

11:24pm Sun 4 May 14

LoopyLou88 says...

DogsMessInLeigh wrote:
LoopyLou88 wrote:
runwellian wrote:
LoopyLou88 wrote:
honestly you guys are why theres so much stigma and judgemental people around mental health and mental illness. - just because they are out in public doesn't mean that they have to take thier meds with them thats like saying to someone who's not got any mental health problems here take these ibuprofens with you you may get a headache. and usually with medication for mental health problems you have exact times to take them etc so maybe they'd already taken them ???? stop the stigmatising and judgemental comments. and just for the record people with mental health problems are not looneys the looneys are you lot who are like constantly judging and stigmatising against mental health!
... and calling mental health patients 'looneys' os discrimination!

Patients are in mental health units, not prisons, and unless they are sectioned under the mental health act, they have every right to their freedom just as you or I do.

My question would be that if they were considered to be such a risk, why weren't they 'sectioned', it is no the first time folk from this unit have gone missing ... and died!
as someone with mental health problems myself i would never discriminate against anyone with mental heatlh, i have seen comments on here where people have been calling people with mental health looneys. i would suggest before you quote me and such like and accuse me of discrimination you read through the other comments first!
well runwellian said i was discriminating against mental people and said i only have a few brain cells(just because i questioned why these two where let out without important meds), but he never supplied any evidence when i asked for it, so don't hold your breath Loopy.
And i say again.. if Meds are so important(so much so that the police told everyone not to approach) and they are not allowed/be trusted to carry them why are they not escorted around..? if they are not to be approached that means they could be dangerous does it not..?
No it does not mean they are dangerous approachign them could scare them off and make them go on the run further and such like. as for escorting how are people supposed to recover and such like if they have to be escorted everywhere.
[quote][p][bold]DogsMessInLeigh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]LoopyLou88[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]runwellian[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]LoopyLou88[/bold] wrote: honestly you guys are why theres so much stigma and judgemental people around mental health and mental illness. - just because they are out in public doesn't mean that they have to take thier meds with them thats like saying to someone who's not got any mental health problems here take these ibuprofens with you you may get a headache. and usually with medication for mental health problems you have exact times to take them etc so maybe they'd already taken them ???? stop the stigmatising and judgemental comments. and just for the record people with mental health problems are not looneys the looneys are you lot who are like constantly judging and stigmatising against mental health![/p][/quote]... and calling mental health patients 'looneys' os discrimination! Patients are in mental health units, not prisons, and unless they are sectioned under the mental health act, they have every right to their freedom just as you or I do. My question would be that if they were considered to be such a risk, why weren't they 'sectioned', it is no the first time folk from this unit have gone missing ... and died![/p][/quote]as someone with mental health problems myself i would never discriminate against anyone with mental heatlh, i have seen comments on here where people have been calling people with mental health looneys. i would suggest before you quote me and such like and accuse me of discrimination you read through the other comments first![/p][/quote]well runwellian said i was discriminating against mental people and said i only have a few brain cells(just because i questioned why these two where let out without important meds), but he never supplied any evidence when i asked for it, so don't hold your breath Loopy. And i say again.. if Meds are so important(so much so that the police told everyone not to approach) and they are not allowed/be trusted to carry them why are they not escorted around..? if they are not to be approached that means they could be dangerous does it not..?[/p][/quote]No it does not mean they are dangerous approachign them could scare them off and make them go on the run further and such like. as for escorting how are people supposed to recover and such like if they have to be escorted everywhere. LoopyLou88
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree