Flat fire forces man from home on Christmas morning

Southend Standard: Flat fire forces man from home on Christmas morning Flat fire forces man from home on Christmas morning

A FLAT fire in Basildon this morning forced a man to have to leave his home.

The small blaze at the property in The Gore caused a large amount of smoke to be present in the property, meaning it had to be evacuated.

The fire service was called around 4.05am and had the flames out by 4.20am.

They then used a high pressure fan to clear the smoke from the premises.

Officer Keith Bunn said: “It was mostly smoke damage but it has left the man unable to stay there so he was off to stay with friends or relatives.”

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:19pm Fri 27 Dec 13

Nowthatsworthknowing says...

Trouble with this story is, IT'S NOT HIS, it a council flat........
Trouble with this story is, IT'S NOT HIS, it a council flat........ Nowthatsworthknowing

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree