Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us Click here for details »
Woman suffers smoke inhalation in Southend flat fire
9:07am Sunday 8th September 2013 in Echo News
FIREFIGHTERS were called to Cluny Square this morning where a fire had broken out in the bedroom of a second floor flat.
Crews from Southend were called at about 1.45am and put out the flames by 2.20am.
Station officer Al Green said a woman in her 50s suffered mild smoke inhalation and the fire did not spread to any other properties.
"It was isolated in the bedroom," he said.
No one was evacuated from the building and no one was hurt.
Comments are closed on this article.