Cigarette starts Westcliff fire

First published in Echo News
Last updated

FIRE crews were called to a small fire started by a cigarette.

Firefighters say an older man had fallen asleep with a lit cigarette which had fallen and set light to the carpet.

By the time they arrived at the home in Britannia Road, Westcliff at 10pm on Thursday the man had doused the flames.

Firefighters wish to reiterate the message to take care with cigarettes and make sure they are properly extinguished.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree