Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us Click here for details »
Kitchen destroyed in Southend bungalow blaze
8:24am Friday 29th June 2012 in News
A KITCHEN was destroyed after a blaze broke out in a home.
Firefighters were called the bungalow in Westbury Road, Southend, at 11.30pm on Thursday.
They spent 30 minutes extinguishing the flames but were unable to save the room.
The male homeowner is believed to be temporarily living with his mother following the incident.
It is not yet known how the blaze started and a fire service investigation has been launched.