Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us Click here for details »
Firefighters called to Hadleigh kitchen fire
8:30am Wednesday 12th February 2014 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a small kitchen blaze in Hadleigh this morning after some linen next to a tumble dryer caught alight.
Two crews from Rayleigh were received a call at 2.25am and were dispatched to a property in Church Road, which they found to be heavily smoke-logged.
Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel and a dry powder extinguisher to tackle the fire, and cleared the building of smoke using a high pressure fan.
The linen had been removed from the tumble dryer and left in a basket next to it for some time before it had caught fire.
The blaze, which was accidental, is thought to be caused by a fault with the appliance, possibly overheating.
The incident was dealt with by 2.53am with no reported casualties.