Washing machine fire in Leigh extinguished by neighbour

Southend Standard: Washing machine fire extinguished by neighbour Washing machine fire extinguished by neighbour

A NEIGHBOUR extinguished a blaze when a washing machine caught on fire.

The fire broke out in a flat in Hudson Court off Hudson Road in Leigh just before 9.30am today.

A quick thinking neighbour isolated the flat’s electricity and poured water on the flames.

Fire fighters from Leigh travelled to the scene but the blaze was already out when they arrived. They removed the washing machine and made the premises safe and left at about 10am.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree