Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us Click here for details »
Crime for SS2 4HX
Street-level crime and anti-social behaviour in from the Home Office.
To protect privacy, crimes are mapped to points on or near the road where they occurred.
- All crime & ASB
- Public disorder & weapons
- Vehicle crime
- Criminal damage & arson
- Violent crime
- Other theft
- Other crime
Street name Crime type
Police station and neighbourhood policing team
Neighbourhood police station
Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea,
Open 24 hours
Southend Central neighbourhood policing team
- Neighbourhood Inspector (Southend/Shoebury) Bill Potter
- I joined the police in 1986; I served with Thames Valley Police for 12 years before joining Essex Police in 1998. I was initially posted to Rochford but in 2001 I was promoted and transferred to Shoebury. In 2003 I moved to Southend and in July 2009 I became responsible for the town centre and seafront Neighbourhood Policing Team. I was promoted to Inspector on 1st March 2012 and have been very fortunate to retain a Neighbourhood Policing post in Southend. During my years in the police service I have undertaken a great variety of work but nothing gives me more pleasure than engaging with the community. I look forward every day to meeting members of the Public and working with others to make Southend a genuinely safer environment to live and visit. The Neighbourhood Policing Team consists of a Neighbourhood constable for each of the three ward areas of central Southend who are supported by a larger team of thirteen Community Support officers. Additionally the High Street and immediate area are specifically policed by a Town Beat section of a further 7 constables and 7 Community Support officers. Collectively my team work with our partners in the Crime and Disorder reduction Partnership to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour in Southend and make it a safer place for residents and visitors alike
- Neighbourhood policing sgt Ashley Holland
- I have served with Essex Police since April 2006 and have worked in both Chelmsford and Southend Districts as a shift officer and as part of a Neighbourhood Policing Team. I am the Neighbourhood Policing Sergeant for Kursaal Ward and have been in this role or equivalent since April 2010.
- Neighbourhood policing sgt Gary Lane
- I have been a police officer since 1993 and a sergeant since 1998. I have been a uniformed police officer for all of this time and have served within the Southend District since 1998. I have worked in Neighbourhood policing since it was introduced in Essex in 2006. I have worked on the policing team at Leigh from then on and I have come over to the Neighbourhood Team at Southend on 10th January with the latest reorganisation. Having worked at Southend for my first six years as a sergeant I am very much looking forward to being back.
- Neighbourhood SGT Southend Town Centre & Seafront Rob Bell
- I am a neighbourhood Sergeant for Southend Central and run the Town Beat unit covering the High Street and Sea Front. I have transferred to Essex Police from the Metropolitan Police and have spent the last two years working within the neighbourhood policing role. I’ve been a police officer for the past 12 years and fulfilled many different roles.
- Neighbourhood Constable Kursaal Ward Daniel Hedges
- I have been a police officer covering Southend for more than four years. I joined the Neighbourhood Policing Team to police the Kursaal Ward and aim to meet the needs of the residents in the area as the Dedicated Kursaal Ward NPT Officer.
- Neighbourhood constable Victoria Ward Jon Martin
- I have been a Police Officer based in Southend since joining the force in 2003. I am your Neighbourhood constable and first point of contact for Victoria Ward. I am very passionate about Neighbourhood Policing, and feel privileged that I have the opportunity to make some real differences within the community. I am keen to work closely with residents and agencies and work together to address concerns and problems, to ultimately make the community a safer place to live
- Neighbourhood Constable Milton Ward Stan Ferris
- I am the Dedicated Neighbourhood Constable for Southend Central Milton Ward and I am based at Southend Police Station. I have been helping police Southend Central since 1998 and within this time I have served in such policing roles as a shift officer, the Community Policing Team, the Neighbourhood Policing Team and the Town Beat Section. I am commited to assisting the community with local issues.
About this neighbourhood
Welcome to the Southend Central Neighbourhood Policing Team pages. We are committed to making your neighbourhood a safer place to live, work and visit and will work with the community and our partners to tackle local problems. Southend Central is part of the Southend district and covers areas including Victoria, Milton, Kursaal and Clifftown.
The force responsible for policing and crime prevention in this area is Essex Police.
Messages and events
Milton Ward - Beat Surgery Faizane Madina Mosque
When: 7th June 2013, 1.30pm
Where: Reception Area of Faizan Madina Mosque, 53-55 Milton Rd, Westcliff.
This is a beat surgery set up in conjunction with the Faizan Madina Mosque in Milton Rd. As well as the manager of the mosque the local police attend this beat surgery. It is open to all the local community to discuss any issues relating to the mosque. It is also open to the surrounding local community to discuss any police related issue in the local area around the Milton Ward. Further information on beat surgeries can be gained from the Milton Community Police (mobile number below).
Kursaal Ward Neighbourhood Meeting
When: 25th June 2013, 7.00pm
This is the Neighbourhood Meeting for the whole of the Kursaal Ward and is run generally on a two monthly basis. The Neighbourhood Meeting (NM) is a meeting held by police local where councillors and members of the public meet to discuss issues within the ward and is open to all members of the community.